Today is Josh's one year mark on his mission! Exactly one year ago today I was sitting with him, talking with him, crying with him (okay, he didn't cry but I did!) at the Provo temple. FREEZING my butt off! But it was totally worth it. He said I was glowing and couldn't stop smiling. In a time when all I want to do is breakdown under the pressure and weight of two years on my shoulders, he just smiled and said I was glowing. It may sound weird now, but there was so much meaning behind what he said to me.
I said goodbye to him for two years (alright, I did see him once in a while every time I worked) and his family signed "I Love You" to me as I walked away...after only 3 days with them. I didn't want to turn my back because I knew that as soon as I did, that was it. The goodbye was official and the two year time clock began.
But today...today proves that I have reached the top of the hill. The stupid uphill struggle is over. OVER! And it's all downhill now... :)
Oh yeah, Monday was his 21st birthday too so....Happy 21st Birthday, mi amor.
P.S. - I've had to make my facebook, blog, and xanga all private and only friends and people I choose can read it now. Due to my mom's irritating comments and telling me what to do. So yeah.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment