So Josh is probably going to be held back in the MTC until February 3rd. I feel so bad for him because he's so sick of it there. Especially with the broken wrist and everything (which is why he's being held back longer) he's sort of struggling emotionally. But I've been writing him continually and I hope he feels a little better with my letters. I had a kinda unique experience yesterday, because after speaking with him at work and finding out about his second extension I was thinking a lot about how I could help him, and then I decided it would be good to let his family know. Turns out his mom prayed that morning that Heavenly Father would let her know how her son is doing. His family really has no clue because his emails are literally "The gospel is true I love you Elder Graham" and they haven't received a real, detailed letter from him since like Christmas I think. So when I was prompted to send Mama Graham a text message her response was very touching and grateful. She said that I was able to take part in Heavenly Father's answer to her prayers. :) I was like, wow! That is special. And then his dad sent me a message on Facebook thanking me for being the answer to their prayers and I was like YAY! :) He also sent me a link to their family's website where I could view all of the pictures from Elder Graham's farewell to his reporting to the MTC. He looks so handsome in all of the pictures, even the goofy ones. Ahhhh I love him I wanted to cry while looking at the pictures. :/
I just found out last night that my cousin, Taite Koko'o, went home! The morning his district was scheduled to go out to Suva, Fiji he went home instead! I could tell he wasn't really ready to serve...every time I talked to him in the MTC (which is where I work) he didn't seem too excited about the work. But he loved the guys he met and the friendships he made. Josh basically sat him down and said "If you're really feeling like you're not ready to serve a mission, get out NOW before you get out into the field." So, he did. That was good of Josh to tell him that because it would've been worse for Taite to serve grudgingly or to leave after he got to Fiji. I'll need to pray for them both.
I spent $55 in ties for Josh at Mr. Mac today...he said he needed them! I got this funny looking rainbow tie that I'm calling The Prop 8 Tie ahahah. It's just as a joke, but knowing Josh he'll wear it around...Lol. xP
A silly little thing today that made me smile was when I was with my room mate, Jennie, in Mr. Mac. I was like, would you buy this tie for him? And she was like, "Don't look at me! He's not my future husband!"
:) :) :)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment