Thursday, January 15, 2009

Still Happy :)

So there's lots of things to blog about! Ummm. I love Joshua Graham?! Haha. Sorry, I just feel like saying that a lot tonight. He's just so...amazing. Gosh. I got slightly worried today, because I went to my first class and this new guy came in who was attractive (wasn't checking him out - I can tell who's ugly and who isn't!) and hes at down by me and was kinda flirty. I wondered, what would happen if he asked me out on a date?! PLEASE DON'T! But he didn't, and I survived. Whew. I definitely know I would never go out with another guy because, seriously, what's the point? Sorry. I honestly could never see myself with some other guy. My heart has Joshua Graham written alllllll over it. :D

I'm happy to have made a new MG friend whose missionary left the same day as mine! Yayyy!! You know who you are, I'm happy!! Yeaaahhh now we have the same countdown ahahaha. Soooo awesome. I'm so grateful for all this support I have in waiting for Josh. Really, I am.

I have two dreams from this past month that I don't want to forget. Actually, I'll blog about 3, one being from November.

Dream #1:
Taken from a letter I wrote him:
I dreamt that I was searching for you at the MTC in Hawaii (that’s weird, because you and I both know there is none). When I found you, you were smiling, but I had tears streaming down my face. I was literally balling my eyes out and said something like, “Don’t leave me…” And then you said, “Arianna, look at me.” So I looked up and all I remember seeing in my dream was your warm, beautiful eyes (they ARE heart-melting…) Then you said, “I’ll only be gone for a short while. Wait for me. I love you.” And then I woke up, and the very first thought that popped into my head was: To some it is given to learn patience. Exactly like that, word for word. I was like, whoa, was that revelation? So I turned on my computer and immediately emailed my mom. I wanted her insight and opinion because she’s always right about spiritual related stuff. I told her that this experience was testimony to me that what I’m doing is right. And the way that this revelation was given sounded like scripture. In D&C 46:9-32 it talks about gifts of the spirit, like the gift of tongues, discerning spirits, etc. It’s really good, you should read it. So I told my mom that I believed it was revelation, because the state we are in when we first wake up is when our minds are the clearest, and we can hear even the tiniest, softest voice. She replied half an hour later and said that she agreed. She usually gets her best revelation early in the morning right when she’s waking up. Sometimes she’s still half asleep. A couple of weeks ago it was the decision not to send my little brother, Jeremy, to Austria with the school orchestra. It was the defining day because he was going to attend a fundraiser for the trip. He was extremely disappointed, but she told him it was revelation. If there is something weighing on her mind, she prays about it before she goes to sleep and then she ponders and goes with whatever the feeling is in the morning. When she doesn’t listen to the directions of the Spirit, bad things happen and she really regrets it.

Dream #2: We were walking along the beach as the sun was setting...and I don't remember exactly how everything happened...but suddenly he got down on one knee, and with a huge smile on his face (COMPELTELY HEART-MELTING!!!!) he asked, "Arianna, will you marry me?" I started crying and smiling and squealed, "YES!!" And hugged and kissed him.

Dream #3: This one isn't as juicy or anything. But it meant a lot to me! We were sitting in class at BYU and I looked at him and there was a silver wedding band on his finger. I had white gold. This made me really happy because how can it not mean something that I dream of something so specific as that? The fact that his wedding band was silver would make sense because I don't like gold. I know, it's weird, I'm a girl and I don't like gold and I prefer silver or at least white gold jewelry. I'm pretty sure that dream will come true one day. :)

One other thing - on Josh's very last day, the day he reported to the MTC, we went to the Provo temple together and sat on a bench and read scriptures and talked. Of course his mother was there too, because he was already set apart as a missionary. But she was very considerate and sat on a bench kinda far away, but where she could still see us. Everything just felt so right, being there with him. It felt familiar, like I knew that one day I'd be attending temple sessions regularly with him and :) get sealed in the temple to him :). We then walked around the back, very casually and comfortably. I desperately wanted time to slow down while I was still with him. And then I looked up at him and he was smiling uncontrollably. I was like, "What?! Do I have something on my face?" "Haha, no. I just thought of something...but it's too sacred to share right now. I'll tell you when the time is right. After my mission." So I really hope he never forgets what he wanted to tell me! I definitely won't forget! Even after two years!! We then walked back around to the front of the temple, and he said (with a smile of course), "Ari...you're glowing." That made me smile uncontrollably (which is the norm for every single second I'm with him! Seriously, I have a piano face whenever I'm with him. It's embarrassing - but amazing at the same time).

It's so hard to know what it's like to have the absolute best thing in the entire world, and then going without it for two whole years. But you know what keeps us MG's going? The fact that we love our missionaries, and that they love us too, and that in the end - all the pain and all the waiting will be well worth it. Because our boys - our soldiers of God - are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment